The Worst Negotiating Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
Tuesday, May 01, 2018: 4:15 PM - 5:00 PM
If you’re like most creative professionals, you hate talking money, whether you are negotiating your salary or a price with a client. As a result, you probably don’t secure the best deals for yourself.
But with a bit of training, you could. It’s not difficult.
In this session, Ilise Benun, Founder of Marketing-Mentor.com and author of The Creative Professional’s Guide to Money, will reveal the most common mistakes designers make, and provide specific tactics for what to do instead. Takeaways include:
- The 7 small (but lethal) mistakes creative professionals make most often
- What not to say when negotiating (and what to say instead)
- How to prepare for a negotiation
- Pricing techniques that practically eliminate the need to negotiate
- How not to underprice your services and talents
- How to avoid “price blurting”